Ahhhhh!!! I am so excited to finally share this- what is to be one of the best summers ever!
God has blessed me with the opportunity to serve Him in four different countries: the Philippines, Thailand, Dominican Republic, and Los Angeles. I will be volunteering with three different ministries with one same goal: to help serve and lead people to Christ so that their lives may be transformed; that they may live an intentional life with purpose because of their passionate and loving relationship with their Creator.
I love what I get to do with fashion meets God. My heart truly goes out to each post whether it be an outfit or a faith post I scrape from deep down. I am so humbled and thankful for those who comment and say they’re inspired, encouraged, that they are undergoing the same challenges, or believe in what the blog stands for. You guys come from all over! The Philippines, Brazil, Venezuela, the United Kingdom, Canada, France, Italy, Pakistan, India, and more which is so mind blowing. I never really know what to expect since society and culture today is crazy sensitive to “religion” and “God” so it’s so awesome to know that there are people who seek Jesus while looking pretty spiffy too 🙂
The blog has been a great platform to reach those worldwide, but I believe as believers we’re called to go above and beyond for God. This includes reaching those physically. There’s nothing like traveling to another country, laying your hand on the sick, the poor, and the children who just need care and prayers. Who just need to know that there is someone out there that sees their soul and shows compassion to them. And that’s what I believe God has called me to do- to serve Him beyond the Internet and love on His people in these locations.
Here is a rundown on what I will be doing and how you can be a used to help people who need Him!
- Philippines (May 3o – June 29)- Campus Crusade for Christ (Cru) is an internationally known organization that commits to witnessing and leading others to Christ. I will be teaming with Cru Philippines to help prepare with administrative tasks and organization for the Cru Southeast Asia (SEA) Leadership Conference held in Thailand in June.
– Website: http://www.cru.org/communities/locations/asia/philippines.html
- Thailand (June 30 – July 4)- Cru SEA Leadership Conference will be held to discuss the future goals and direction of the Cru SEA region for the next five years. I will be assisting efforts towards the main program, administration, and the children’s conference.
– Website: http://www.cru.org/
- Dominican Republic (July 18 – July 26)- I, along with 2,500 other missionaries, will be serving the Dominicans for 1Nation1Day. Called to be “the largest global missions outreach in history,” we will be sharing our testimonies, performing impactful dramas, pray one-on-one, and interact through other various sporting activities within 20 different locations throughout the country.
– Website: http://1nation1day.com/
- Los Angeles, California (August 10 – August 15)- Bridgewood Church and I will be traveling to the LA Dream Center for a five-day outreach. We will minister to those who may have been neglected, abused, drug and alcohol addicted, and homeless by encouraging them through Christ’s love.
– Website: http://www.dreamcenter.org/
I am thrilled about all the opportunities to serve and I ask you to join me in this God-centered adventure. I am seeking your financial support to help further His Kingdom. Approximately $5,000 is needed. If you are able to assist with this journey, here’s how you can give:
- Go to: http://www.gofundme.com/jirehforfour.
- Click “Donate”
- Enter your dollar amount, first and last name, email address, country, and zip code. In the “Comment” box, you may enter your country of preference. Ex) Philippines.
- Click “Continue”
- Enter your credit card information.
- Click “Next”
- Confirm your payment and enter your email address for your receipt.
- Click “Confirm”
- Feel free to spread the word and share “Jireh’s Four-Country Missions Trip!”
- Go to: paypal.com.
- Login to your PayPal account (Sign up is FREE if you do not have an account already)
- Click “Pay or Send Money.”
- Click “Send money to friends or family.”
- Enter my email address: email@example.com AND the amount you’d like to donate.
- Click “Next.”
- Choose “Checking” or “Credit Card” (Credit Card usually has a fee of less than $1)
- In the “Add a note” option box, type “Jireh De Jose- [location].” Ex) Jireh De Jose- Philippines
- Click “Send”
Most importantly I am asking for your prayers, that every team may be able to accomplish all that God wants, the lost will be found, and His name be glorified throughout the entire time.
Thank you to all your support from the past and in the future. Love you guys!
“Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
– Isaiah 6:8