When it comes to handbags, I don’t carry an arsenal of items (contrast to what many may believe) but everyone is different right? Your necessities inside is important, but a bag can also compliment and complete a look. Thanks to Rue La La’s new Handbag Guide, I have a background on handbags through history, the various kinds, and even how to care for certain types. Here’s a look of my survival items in my everyday accessory:
• THE BAG •
An H&M fringed shoulder bag. When much of my style transitioned into boho-inspired, I was on the hunt for the perfect black, cross-body/shoulder bag with fringe because I knew it would go with just about anything I wore. Note: I am not one to switch out my purses often; I stick to one for months and months on end. So, I bought it early in the year and have been wearing it with practically every look since. I love how it not only reflects my personal style, but it’s the perfect size to fit everything that I need!
• THE ESSENTIALS •
Like I mentioned before, I keep it very simple in my bag! It includes:
1. Wallet with more essentials minus the stack of old receipts and movie theater tickets…
2. Life’s keys with a four-year old Liberty University lanyard.
3. 1-2 pairs of different styles of sunglasses.
4. That one thing called an iPhone.
5. Jewelry. This may be the most random thing I keep in my purse, whether it’d be a pair of earrings or scattered midi-rings. You just never know when you need to accessorize!
6. A pen for my checkbook (not pictured, and yes, I still use checks).
7. Also not pictured: breath mints. An essential for everyone!
8. Hand sanitizer
9. Lip products. When I clean out my purse I choose a lip balm and three main shades of lipsticks: red, pink, and a nude. However, over time it accumulates into three more of my favorite colors.
(Left to right)
1. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick (amazing)
2. NYC City Proof Lipgloss in “Round the Clock Ruby”
3. NYX Matte Lipstick in “Whipped Caviar”
4. NYC Lipstick in “Café”
5. NYC Lipstick in “Blue Rose”
6. NYX Matte Lipstick in “Alabama”
7. Shiseido Lipstick in “Perfect Rouge”
8. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in “Prague”
• WHAT I HAVE MY EYE ON •
Purple Iridescent Metal Trim Clutch
Nasty Gal x Nila Anthony Mixed Feelings Clutch
Gina Stud Detail Fringed Shoulder Bag
Eartha Soft Double Handle Mini Satchel
Durango Kachina Bag
Make sure to check out Rue La La’s Handbag Guide!
“Guys, a woman’s purse, alright, it’s her secret source of power. Alright? There are many dark and dangerous things in there, that we, the male species, should know nothing about.”
– Matthew Mcconaughey as Ben in “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days”
Contact Me • Prayer Requests
“Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful.”
– Proverbs 16:20